Paying Your UCEMC Electric Bill
You may pay your electric bill or conduct business at any UCEMC office between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding observed holidays).
Drive-thru is for bill paying only. You may pay with cash, check, or money order. An account number or bill is required at the drive-thru. The Carthage District drive thru is kiosk and payment drop box only.
Bills may also be paid after office hours in the night depository at each district office. Payments do not post in real-time. Payments are posted the next business morning and backdated to the previous business day.
Other convenient options to pay your electric bill:
Payments mailed in will be posted as of the postmark date stamped on the envelope by the post office.
Payment Kiosks are available 24/7 at the following locations:
- Carthage Corporate Office, 907 Main St. North, Carthage, TN 37030
- Carthage District Office, 138 Gordonsville Hwy., Carthage, TN 37030
- Cookeville District Office, 1794 West Broad St., Cookeville, TN 38501
Kiosks accept cash, check, and credit or debit card. Payments made at kiosks post immediately. Credit and debit card payments charge an additional 2.45%. Cash and check payments charge $0.50. Coins are not accepted, and the kiosk will not give change back.
Payments may be made by phone at 800-261-2940 and by selecting Option 2, to pay bills or get account information. Account will automatically be looked up by the phone number you are calling from, provided that the same phone number is listed on your account. Listen to and follow instructions if you wish to pay on a different account. Accounts can be looked up with either an account number or the phone number associated with an account.
You may pay with a credit or debit card for an additional 2.45% or by e-check for an additional $1.00 per transaction. To pay with an e-check over the phone, you must first set up a payment profile for the e-check account through our website, www.ucemc.com. Payments made by phone will post immediately.
Payments can be made online at our Official Website, www.ucemc.com, or our app, UCEMC. An online account must be created first using your account number. A valid email address must be on file to complete the online account process. Call 800-261-2940 to speak with your district office to update or add an email address to your account. You may pay by debit or credit card for an additional 2.45% or by e-check for an additional $1.00 per transaction. Payments can be posted immediately or may be scheduled for a future date. You are recommended not to pay your bill through a DOXO site, which poses as a UCEMC website. This website is not associated with UCEMC, will charge an additional fee, and might pay your bill late or not at all.
You may also sign up for AutoPay through the website or app. AutoPay is available with an e-check or debit, or credit card. Auto payments will still be charged the additional fee (2.45% for debit or credit cards or $1.00 per e-check.) Automatic payments may be scheduled for any date, but to avoid late fees or interruption in service, the Autopay date needs to be scheduled on or before your billing due date. AutoPay is not available for our Power Your Way members.
Bank Draft is another auto payment option without any additional fees. Once set up, the bill amount will deduct from the checking or savings account provided on the billing due date. If the due date falls on the weekend or an observed holiday, the payment will draft the business day afterward. To set up on bank draft, there is a form available in our district offices or on our website (attached form) that needs to be completed. A voided check from the account you wish to draft will need to be attached to the completed form. If you do not have checks for your bank account, you may get a letter from your bank stating the account information (name, address, account type, routing number, and account number). The letter must be on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official. If you do not have your signature witnessed by a UCEMC employee, two forms of I.D. will need to be included to verify your identity. Be advised, if you are drafting from an account that has a different authorized user from your electric account holder, the authorized user of the bank account will either have to be present in the office to sign as well or will also have to send in two forms of I.D. for verification. A bank draft is not available for our Power Your Way members.
Bank Draft Application
Payments can be made by check or money order (bill required) at the following banks:
- First Freedom Bank, 376 West Jackson St., Cookeville, TN 38501
- One Bank, 404 Main St., Baxter, TN 38544
- First Freedom Bank, 614 West Main St., Algood, TN 38506
- Citizens Bank, 116 South Grundy Quarles Hwy., Gainesboro, TN 38562
- First Freedom Bank, 307 East Hull Ave., Gainesboro, TN 38562
- American Bank and Trust, 808 West Main St., Livingston, TN 38570
- One Bank, 1477 West Main St., Livingston, TN 38570
- Regions Bank, 120 South Public Square, Smithville, TN 37166
Payments made at banks do not post in real-time but will be posted as of the date stamped on the remit slip by the bank.
You can now pay where you shop (at participating locations) with UCEMC CheckOut.
- Get the barcode. Visit ucemc.com and follow the instructions to download your barcode. Please print out the barcode or retain it on your mobile device.
- Find a store near you. Business chains like CVS Pharmacy, Dollar General, 7Eleven, Walgreens, and Family Dollar are just a few businesses where you can pay your UCEMC bill while shopping. More than 50,000 retailers nationwide are participating in the CheckOut system.
- Scan the barcode. As you pay for your goods in the checkout line, scan the barcode you’ve saved on your mobile phone or have printed.
At this time, UCEMC CheckOut only accepts cash payments. There is a $1.50 fee for using the service. UCEMC CheckOut locations cannot view or look up member account details.
- Get real-time verification. Once your bill is paid, you’ll get real-time verification that your payment has been approved. UCEMC also receives verification, and your account is updated.
- Separate transaction. The UCEMC bill payment is a separate transaction. Your retailer scans the barcode at the register and completes the transaction before you can ring up other items. It’s quick and easy but is a separate transaction.
Paying your UCEMC bill at our kiosk with FastPass is as easy as 1-2-3.
- First, Visit the kiosk at the UCEMC District offices in Cookeville or Carthage: Select “One-Time Payment” and have your UCEMC account number handy.
- Sign Up: Once you complete your payment, select “YES” to sign up for FastPass to make paying your future bills quick and easy.
- PIN Set Up: You’ll be asked to set up a 4-digit PIN. The kiosk will print a barcode you can keep to scan at the kiosk next time, or you can use your phone number and PIN. You may now choose how to get your receipt by print, text, or email.
Next time you use the kiosk, select “FastPass,” scan your barcode and enter your PIN. We’ll store your account number; you can receive future receipts by text, email, or printout.
FastPass is a quicker way to make payments at the kiosk. Your MyPaySite account is tied to the phone number entered the first time you use the kiosk.
FastPass is an optional service Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation provides to make the kiosk payment process more convenient. Questions about your FASTPASS payment? Call FastPass tech support at 877-876-7076.