My Alerts - My UCEMC
Currently no major power outages have been reported.
Report outages in Jackson please call the following phone numbers:
TVA Plans Overnight Outage May 9, 2020
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is scheduled to disconnect power overnight Saturday, May 9, to do vital maintenance on their equipment. Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation members in Jackson County will be affected.
The interruption of power will begin at 10:00 P.M. on Saturday, May 9, 2020, for up to eight (8) hours into Sunday Morning, May 10, 2020, for members who live in these areas:
- The Town of Gainesboro,
- Granville Highway,
- Gladdice Highway,
- York Highway,
- Celina Highway,
- Highway 56,
- Jennings Creek Highway,
- Indian Creek Road,
- Haydenburg Ridge,
- McCoinsville Road,
- Sugar Creek,
- Greenwood Ridge,
- Booger Ridge Lane,
- New Hope Road,
- Roaring River Road,
- Old Antioch Road,
- Seven Knobbs Road.
In the best of circumstances, there may be only minutes to prepare for a potentially dangerous and damaging storm or widespread power outage. It’s helpful to know what you’ll need to quickly assemble an emergency outage/storm kit:
- Non-perishable food for the family, including pet food and drinking water, cooler with ice;
- Flashlight with fresh batteries;
- Cash and Credit Cards, identification;
- Fully charged cell phone and charging cords to plug into automobile; gasoline;
- First aid kit;
- Matches and lighters, candles, pocket knife;
- Battery-powered radio with extra batteries;
- Battery-powered clock;
- Pet supplies including carrier, leash, ID collars, etc.
BE INFORMED! Visit www.ready.gov for more information.