Our Cooperative is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors representing each district we serve.
District 1 (Smith, Dekalb, Macon, and Wilson Counties)
- Morris Tyree II - President
- Mike Scudder - Board Member
- C D (Digger) Poindexter - Board Member
District 2 (Putnam and White Counties)
- James Rony Myers - Board Member
- Alan Pippin - Secretary / Treasurer
District 3 (Overton, Clay, Fentress, and Pickett Counties)
- Glenn Honeycutt - Vice – President
- James West - Board Member
District 4 (Jackson County)
- Jim Brown - Assistant Secretary / Treasurer
- Steve Spivey - Board Member
UCEMC Notice of Directors To Be Elected
Per Article IV, Section 4.05 of the bylaws of the Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation, notice is given of three impending vacancies on the Cooperative’s Board of Directors due to expiring terms of three incumbent directors.
- One directorate term will expire in District One, and one director will be elected or re-elected from District One, which consists of the areas served by UCEMC in DeKalb, Macon, Smith, and Wilson counties.
- One directorate term will expire in District Two, and one director will be elected or re-elected from District Two, which consists of the areas served by UCEMC in Putnam and White counties.
- One incumbent directorate term will expire in District Three and a directorate election will be held to fill the impending District Three vacancy. Directorate District Three consists of the areas served by the cooperative in Clay, Fentress, Overton and Pickett Counties.
Any member meeting the qualifications for a director as specified in Article IV, Section 4.02, of the Cooperative’s bylaws may petition to become a candidate for election to the Board of Directors.
Any candidate for director must file a qualifying petition with the Secretary of the Cooperative, Alan Pippin, or with the Cooperative’s General Manager, Jimmy Gregory, on or before June 14, 2020.
Qualifying petition forms and copies of the Cooperative’s bylaws and the Board’s policy governing Directorate Election activities are available by request at any cooperative office:
- 1794 West Broad Street, Cookeville, TN 38503; 1-800-261-2940
- 320 Celina Highway, Livingston, TN 38570; 1-800-261-2940
- 1085 N. Grundy Quarles Highway, Gainesboro, TN 38562; 1-800-261-2940
- 138 Gordonsville Highway, South Carthage, TN 37030; 1-800-261-2940
- 907 Main Street North, Carthage, TN 37030; 1-800-261-2940
- All Qualifying petition forms and copies of the Cooperative’s Bylaws and the Board’s Policy Governing Directorate Election activities will be issued from UCEMC’s Corporate Office, 907 Main Street North, Carthage, TN 37030.
A Credentials Committee, appointed, meeting, and acting in accordance with Article IV, Section 4.07 of the Cooperative’s Bylaws, will determine the eligibility of each petitioner to become a qualified candidate.
If required to comply with Article IV, Section 4.11 of the Cooperative’s Bylaws, a District Directorate Election will be held on Saturday, August 28, 2021, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at the cooperative’s office in each directorate district. To accommodate member’s schedules, an additional election day will be held on Friday, August 27, 2021, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. at the cooperative’s office in each directorate district.